His Highness the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the U.A.E donated land in 1966 to build a Church. Rev. Fr. Eusebius Daveri and his team pioneered this project. His Highness the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum inaugurated St. Mary's Catholic Church on 7th April 1967.
Today in this very place stands a magnificent new church that has been designed to accommodate more than 1700 worshipers at each service. Under the guidance of His Excellency Most. Rev. Bishop Bernard Gremoli, Rev. Fr. Daniel Cerofolini OFM. Cap, Fr. Michael Cardoz and their team pioneered this project. This church was inaugurated on 3rd November 1989.